Posted by Nicole, BiOH Polyols Marketing Manager on October 4, 2010
On September 20th we took soy to the streets of New York City in an effort to continue promoting Project UDesign. Thanks to the help of super connected design bloggers and twitter friends (@moggitgirls, @creategirl and many more…); we were invited a the taping of the Nate Berkus show! As an added bonus we also attended the Rue Magazine launch party which was held in our Project UDesign partner Century Furniture’s incredible New York Design Center showroom on Monday night.
As you can imagine when you gather a group of trendy interior designers and savvy social networkers, it is quite the place to be seen. The shoe collection alone would make Carrie Bradshaw green with envy. Needless to say, Rue Magazine, a new online only “all things design” magazine kicked off in style. Would you expect any less?
This incredible opportunity enabled us to educate the interior design community about BiOH® polyols and the unique ways that we are leaving behind a smaller environmental footprint. Our message was so well received that a plethora of design bloggers are now supporting and talking about Project UDesign by spreading the soy love to their social communities.
Here’s a glimpse at these amazing blogs and their incredible authors, who we would like to thank a million times over!!!
- Daily Grommet by Tori Tait, Community social media writer @DailyGrommet
- Design Vignettes, Yvonne Blacker, Interior Decorator/Stylist, Graphic Designer/Art Director, Design Coach, Artist. @yblacker and Alluminare by Yvonne Blacker
- Frou la la, by Maybelline Te, Co-Founder and Creative Director of Snug Furniture @maybellineTe
- Interior Concepts by Wanda S. Horton, Wanda S. Horton, Interior designer @wandashorton
- Ishka Designs, Anishka Clarke, Owner of Ishaka Designs @ishkadadesigns
- ABCD Design Amy Beth Cupp Dragoo, Artist, designer and stylist. @abcddesigns
- Paisly, Plaid & Read, Julie Bova, Owner of Julia Bova Interior Design. @jbint
- The Studio Luxe, Marcia Zia-Priven, Partner and Creative Director of Zia-Priven, Inc. @ziapriven
Day two involved hours and hours in a holding pen to get into our seats at the Nate Berkus show. The group was amped up and ready to blog about the experience. Nate Berkus is an interior design icon, the Owner of Nate Berkus Associates and was often featured on the Oprah Winfrey Show before launching his own series dedicated to all aspects of design. It was a remarkable experience to speak with Nate about BiOH® polyols and better understand how interior designers are making great strides everyday to recommend and use more sustainable products such as BiOH® polyols!
Check your local listings because the Nate show episode we attended airs today, October 4, 2010 and features Project Runway’s very own Christian Siriano. What a great tie into our own, Project UDesign!
All in all it was a successful trip and an abundance of new Twitter friends! The design community as a whole is a tight knit family who makes even newbie’s like me feel welcome! I look forward to working with many of them in the future and I am so thankful for all the support around Project UDesign and the success it is bringing to our BiOH® fan page.
Don’t forget to DECIDE NOW! Project UDesign ends October 19, 2010 so hurry up and decide on the next sustainable wing chair design from students of SCAD. The top three have been chosen from nearly 2,000 people so cast your ballot and show support for these incredible student designs!